Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"hope deferred makes the heart sick'

Friends.  I am currently, rather frantically, planning another trip to Ukraine over Orthodox Christmas in early January.  It will be quite different from times past as it will be more independent, less people going, and possibly involving only interaction with the children ( hardly 'children' anymore) who have transitioned out of the orphanage into trade school.  It would be lovely to also go to the orphanages, but it is rather complicated and difficult to accomplish without having a backing organization or 'game plan'.

Of course, this takes so much wrestling with God, prayer, and some planning.  And, the entire planning of the trip has been so haphazard and a bit uncertain to say the least.  Which is why I'm only beginning now to plead for your support.  I cannot go on this trip if I do not have support; both in funds and in prayer.  So, amid all the other stressors of life as a student who is working, I am attempting to step out in faith and ask for help once again.  This, as I've probably said before, is a very humbling process.  But, when funds start coming and my trip needs are met, my heart feels safe knowing my Father is motivating all who give to this ministry.  Kind of sounds like Christianese, but friends, it is so true.  I am a flawed human being who is undeserving of my Father's love.  My friends fail me, my family often fails me, and I fail myself and others.  But, the One who placed the trillions of stars in the sky; the One who invented time and space; the One who throws lightening darts at this deeply depraved planet?  He loves me.  And, He loves those kids.  He is somehow using us to communicate that to them.  I implore you to join me in prayer for them. 

If you feel at all moved to give a sliver of your spending money in support of this trip (estimated cost :  $1500-2000; most of that being plane ticket), please send a check to me at 315 Stones River Cove, Nashville, TN, 37214.  And, as we could not find a non-profit to back us, we're on the honor system.  You'll have to trust me.  I have little to nothing saved up to go as I am living off school loans and my meager paycheck while I attend school.  I am literally begging.  Forgive me.  I want to see my kids so badly and not dash their hopes that I really do love them as much as I tell them in letters.  They have such little reason to hope in anything.  I want to somehow show them the One who IS their only hope.

Psalm 10:14......"But, you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand.  The victim commits himself to you;  you are the helper of the fatherless."

No comments:

Post a Comment