Monday, October 10, 2011

dah or nyet?

Does God want me to go back to Ukraine this winter?  I'm still trying to figure that out, but am leaning more toward DAH.  This trip will be completely different from past trips as it would be a very small group going independently to visit "our" kids who have transferred from their orphanages to trade school.  It is mainly the knowledge that these trade schools often come with a very hostile environment while neglecting to meet even physical needs that is propelling us to want to visit our kids.  I miss them so much and still think of them daily.  Certain songs transport me rather quickly to the land of bread, Soviet era statues, cheap vodka, and neglected children.  I'm praying about this right now and would appreciate yall praying that I follow God's leading and not get anxious about it.  The entire ministry often seems overwhelming.  I can't rely on my own understanding; thank God for His!

No comments:

Post a Comment