Thursday, December 9, 2010

Three weeks!!!!

I'm really excited tonight.  Just talking about the activites we'll do with the kids and trying to imagine how awesome it will be to see them again is enough to get me so jubilant, I cry, laugh, clap my hands, and jump all at once.  For real.  I cannot wait.  But, in the business of serving God, there is a lot of waiting, so I must.  I'm also very excited to see the wonderful translator friends I love and everyone else I've met.  Call me biased, but I find people from Ukraine fascinating and gorgeous.  And, their political struggles, spiritual battles, and way of life are as well.  We Americans take far too many things for-granted (like refined sugar, for example).  Yes.  I've had to come to many realizations of truth from this entire experience and the growth is slow, but steady.  Slow and steady wins the race!  mhm.

On the other hand, there is also the knowledge that this trip will be emotionally difficult-both for us and for the kids.  We only get one day per orphanage while in Kharkov, so that doesn't allot much time spent with them.  I hope and pray that it truly brightens their Christmas and that it is a memory they keep in their hearts vs. being just another visit from a group of Americans.  January 2nd!!
P.S. THANK YOU to ALL who have given to the team and to me individually.  You know who you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment