Thursday, December 30, 2010

leaving on a jet plane-in 3 days

I honestly don't really know what I'm thinking right now.  My thoughts are all in a whirl.  I just got back to Tennessee from home in Illinois.  Going home always shakes up my world; it's shaken in a mostly good way because I see everything and (almost) everyone who helped shaped me before my move here and whom I love very much.  But, it's always hard for me to come back and get back into the groove of life while reality sets in that I indeed do NOT live there anymore and my life is rooted in TN now.  It's not that life here is bad :)  I'm just a sentimental moron who loves sooo many peeps 7 hours away.  This time, however, I don't have much time to dwell on myself.  (this is a good thing...)   
I cannot believe this trip is already about to begin.  It seems like two days ago, I was considering going, praying profusely about my cynicism toward raising funds, and taking the plunge of faith believing that God has something huge, beautiful, and transforming going on here and that I just need to trust that.  Since then, I've gotten letters from my kids.  This sounds like a small thing, but it just reinforced that they are desperate for affection and love.  I hope and pray that we can effectively show them they ARE desperately loved.  Not just by us, but most importantly by a God whose heart is broken by the fallenness of this world.  
    Thank you to all who have been prayerful toward this, for all of you who have generously given to this ministry, for all of you who are patient and loving toward me personally as I grow in Christ, and most of all for those who have taken a true interest in my journey with this; it truly enables me to see God at work and makes me more useful for HIM.  I have dear friends who have cried with me over these children they have never met.  I love all of you so much more than I show.  Thank you.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that the New Year is one of adventure, personal growth, and experiences that challenge your perspective! 
" I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And, I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power...to grasp how...high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory ...forever and ever!"  Ephesians 3:16-21

No comments:

Post a Comment