Saturday, October 23, 2010

I should be in bed....

     I must arise at the lovely hour of 5:30 tomorrow.  On a Sunday, no less.  Ugh.  I just have to get through the next few days and then I am heading north to the Prairie State!!  So crazy excited to play with Abram, hang with family, go to Chicago via Amtrack with my mom, and see some friends who share my love for wide open spaces, real conversation, and probably have fond tail-gating memories.  :)
     The kids have been on my mind so much lately.  It seems like every time I wonder off, I am thinking of Yuliya and wondering what life is like for her where she is.  It's great because it gives me opportunity to pray for her every time she and the other kids cross my mind, but it is also painful.  For many reasons.  For one thing, I feel kind of silly feeling so attached to her because I only spent like 6 days with her and conversation was very limited due to the language barrier.  I really feel like it's a God thing, but she probably just thinks I'm some chubby American chick who can bring her to Hollywood.  Oh, well..  I just love her.  Those amber eyes held so much pain, need for acceptance, and mystery.  It's totally crazy that I'm even considering living in Kharkov someday...I don't know Russian, don't know a lot about daily life in eastern Ukraine, lack resources.........But, faith is crazy.  God is powerful.  People all around me can question my abilities, my personality, and my potential.  Go ahead.  My God can combat all of that and my confidence in that keeps me going every day.  Some days are harder than others... 
     I'm getting sleepy.  So, I should prooobbbaably stop typing or I may shame myself.  Everyone knows how I get when I ramble.  =)  I am still fund-raising for this trip.  Please do not hesitate to give as it is costly and I am poor white trash.  Oh, I love saying that.  I love it.  People react in so many different ways to that statement.  Good night, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment