Friday, October 8, 2010

thinkin/and prayin/not wishin/ but hopin

Oh, I hope I can trust God enough to quell these nervous thoughts and anxieties about life these days. I've never been one to handle a fast-paced lifestyle very well and currently, I'm forced to. It just makes me appreciate every interaction with loved ones and every fun adventure all the more, I suppose.

Still deeply considering going with the team to Ukraine in January; at this point, my only reason for "backing out" would be an utter lack of funds. I am so attached (already) to these kids in my heart and cannot wait until I see them again!! It's exciting to think about the potential plans the Lord has for them. Although their situation looks so bleak, these slowly built relationships we are making with them will hopefully beam a light into their shadows. I really hope something long-term stems from all of this; I am leaning more and more toward eventually living over there someday. But, that's kind of me jumping to conclusions. Let's just wait patiently on God, Lori. :)

For now, I'm just taking life one hour at a time. Praying that I will trust God to provide support for me; both financially and emotionally.  Praying that I can completely surrender my will to God's. For a hard-headed (and, sometimes hard-hearted) person such as myself, this is not an easy undertaking. Thankfully, Jesus is faithful in his promises and I don't have to rely on my own performance.

I'm writing this very sleep-deprived with many, many things on my mind...I should reserve ramblings such as these for my journal. :)

Tonight is the fund-raising dinner for Oleg and Lena in Franklin, Tennesee. I'm excited to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment